19.7K views

What the ***? I wanted to try this place out and so I try to place a delivery order online and it says they don't deliver to my address. It's a nice neighborhood too!

So I call them up and I wait on hold for like 5 minutes while they try to make sure they are "allowed" to deliver to my address. "I don't want to get fired for delivering to you" (really for a place 1.5 miles away!?). The Pizza Hut yards away from them delivers here, and so does the Dominoes which is another mile away!

This place has the most *** corporate policies I've ever encountered.

For a place that seems to market itself purely on delivery this is pretty pathetic, I definitely won't be going in for a carry out order, ever.

Comments

yeah they *** blow. 2 miles away and a no go to a giant suburban neighborhood

There’s probably a good reason they can’t deliver to you. You might be off their path they usually go.

In order to have fast delivery, sacrifices have to be made. Also a common reason would be it’s in another locations delivery area. Pizza places have a much larger radius than Jimmy Johns do because you overall are spending more money at those places.

Either way it’s 1.5 miles away...

get off your *** and go get the food.

You won’t have to pay tip or delivery charge. It makes me sick how lazy people are.

to Anonymous #1416903

Sometimes it's not about getting off our ***! For instance i have 3 toddler under age 5 and the weather is crap.

Going anywhere near lunch and tiki close to nap wouldn't be beneficial to any of us. Also our location is less than 2 miles away, Chinese several miles down the road delivers, as well as every other establishment on that road. And also, sacrifices need to be made for fast delivery?

Yeah ok. If be fast too if i only had 5 people to deliver too.

to Anonymous #1427606

how do u know he can even drive or is not disabled. small minded people now days. so lets keep your mean comments to your self.

to Anonymous #1497143

I just had a problem like this, and no I'm not too lazy to go get the food. I was stuck at work and couldn't get it without delivery.

I live one mile away and they won't deliver. They said their delivery range ends 2 blocks before my house.

No wonder they can guarantee fast delivery if they only deliver within a block or 2 of their location. Pretty stupid.

Epic Fail Jimmy Johns. Why won't you deliver when you are 1.7 miles away from my location? What kind of business model and customer service is this?

Used to be able to order delivery from one about 1.5 miles away...done it many times over the past year, always tipped 15%, now suddenly I go to place an order and no longer can? Seriously annoyed.

I live right down the road from one. Takes 2 or 3 minutes to drive down there and they won't deliver.

About a mile even. I used to order there sandwiches to my work that was across the parking lot divided by a small road and they'd take 10 minutes to drive to the other side of the road lol

Kennewick, Washington, United States #1327821

Call the corporate office (217)356-9900 When they did that to me the corporate office immediatly contacted the store and the owner of the store. They said they appreciate when customers let them know about issues, otherwise it goes unnoticed and doesn't get resolved for the next customer I got a call from the store that told me they couldnt deliver to me telling me they COULD deliver to my address and I got 2 free sandwiches as well! It's just a quick phone call and they answer the phone right away.

Jimmy Johns sucks for delivery. I lived 1.6 miles away and it took 45 mins consistently for delivery.

Their model doesn't work...at least in the last city I lived. Now, I'm 1.5 miles away and they won't deliver.

Miami, Florida, United States #1244537

That's because the delivery drivers are on bicycles. They are not gonna kill themselves out there just to get you a sammich.

to Anonymous #1331960

Not all of them are on bicycles. Don't act like you know everything.

Tucson, Arizona, United States #1230177

My old house was 2.2 miles away and the would deliver all the time, now I live 1.2 miles away and the will not...sounds dumb.

Ermahgerd! This is almost exactly the complaint I had.

I even Googled my own complaint and this came up!

I have a lot to add, but for the moment. I'm just going to wholeheartedly agree with this gentleman(or gentle lady?). Unfortunately.

My kids are addicted to Jimmy Johns. So I can't just let them out of my life just yet.

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States #1222879

Jimmy John's actually has an awesome corporate strategy and guerrilla marketing network. The small delivery zone is part of the speedy delivery. ESPECIALLY if youre in a densely populated area 1.5 miles just isn't feasible for their HIGHLY successful business model.

Llano Grande, Texas, United States #1210722

Jimmy johns whole selling point is that they are fast. They set their delivery ranges only to areas they know they can make it to in their time constraints because that is their niche.

They don't deliver to my house either. Do I like it? No.

But I respect that they stay true to their business model rather than trying to make everyone happy and jeopardizing their main objective. Delicious sandwiches, you are missing out by never going in, but based on your attitude that's probably better for them anyway.

to Anonymous Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States #1290344

Actually, that isn't true.

A jimmy john's location 3 minutes away from my house will not deliver, yet one that is located 8 minutes, and even another at 11 minutes, will.

That "fast and efficient" policy does not apply to their deliveries.

Akron, Ohio, United States #1206231

Same in my area

West Linn, Oregon, United States #1189002

I just tried to order jimmy johns for delivery. We live less then a mile from them and they won't deliver.

He said it a corporate thing they can't deliver anywhere more than 4 minutes away.

I've drove it before, almost daily and it takes about 3 minutes to get there. Will never give them any business ever